Beef Jerky Jam
Beef Jerky Jam
Move over bacon jam because there is a new player in town.
Ahh Suck Knuckle Smokers, you have done it again.
Before we get to the drool worthy pics and recipe, let’s take a moment to congratulate SKS team member Michelle on her epic BBQ-ing skills in the Up In Smoke Adelaide competition – Steak Cook Off Division.
This girl kicked some serious butt in her first ever solo steak cook-off by placing 1st! Yep, Boom, that’s how it’s done wild carnivores. Congrats Steak Queen Michelle! And also let’s not forget (I know Michelle won’t let you) fellow team mate and husband Craig who placed in the top 10.
Okay, okay – let’s gone down to business.
What you’ll need:
- 50g packet Jack Links Beef Jerky.
2x large Onions.
1x clove Garlic, crushed.
1 tsp Olive Oil.
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Bourbon.
1/4 cup Maple syrup.
1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar.
1/8 cup Black Coffee. (1/2 tsp disolved in water)
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp AllSpice.
A few dashes of Tobasco Hot sauce or similar.
Pinch of Sea Salt.
What you’ll need to do:
– Slice onions and jerky finely.
– Fry onion & garlic with olive oil for 5 mins until it starts to soften.
– Add beef jerky. sugar & spices and stir until sugar has dissolved.
– Add bourbon, maple, coffee & vinegar and bring to boil.
– Reduce heat to slow simmer and continue to cook for approximately 20 minutes or until desired consistency is reached.
– season with salt and hot sauce.
– The final result should be a jam like consistency. (Will thicken upon cooling)
PUT IT ON EVERYTHING!!!!
Quick Tip: Grab an extra bag of Jack Link’s beef jerky to snack on while you go. Cooking is hungry work.
Thanks @suck_knuckle_smokers! Keep the good work coming!